Enhancing the quality of life and facilitating rehabilitation for seniors
Music is the glue that connects us to others. The socialization provided through music therapy inspires older adults to participate and interact with family, peers or staff, bringing joy, comfort and purpose to their day.
Individual and group music therapy sessions can take place in the home, community senior center, or at an eldercare living community. In senior day programs or within residential settings, the shared experience brings communities together.
The Board Certified Music Therapists at Roman Music Therapy Services are skilled at including everyone in the sessions, adapting music experiences and helping all group members participate to their greatest potential, and come to you equipped with music-making supplies including drums, tambourines, maracas and a guitar!
The Benefits of Music Therapy
Both healthy seniors and those in rehabilitative care can benefit from music therapy. Music making includes restorative benefits to reduce the isolation of aging, hospitalization or rehab stays, and reinforcing the mental, physical and emotional well-being of the older adult.
- Improving Communication and Expression. Group members in our music therapy sessions are excited to communicate and connect with others.
- Decreasing Isolation. Music brings communities together and can decrease feelings of isolation for group members.
- Individualized Attention. Our Music Therapists are skilled at including everyone in the session and helping all group members participate to their greatest potential.
- Independent Participation. Seniors are innately motivated to participate in music groups. You’d be amazed at what music can motivate us to do!
- Everyone Plays, Everyone Wins! Music is something that everyone can participate in and our music therapists are great at adapting music experiences so that everyone is successful.
Roman Music Therapy Services Offerings
- Memory Care: Alzheimer’s or Dementia
- Short Term Rehabilitation
- Long Term Care
- Senior Center Events, Holiday and Birthday Celebrations
- Hospice and Bereavement
Contact us today to discuss creating a music therapy program that meets the needs of your senior(s).