Join Our Team as a Music Therapist
Are you passionate about music therapy and feel confident about your skills?
Do you enjoy working with a diverse client population?
As our practice grows and we serve more and more clients, we are seeking novice and seasoned music therapists with diverse skills and experience.
If you are interested in being considered for candidacy, please submit a cover letter and resume, in pdf format, to email@example.com.
- Planning, organizing and leading goal-driven music therapy sessions for groups and individuals with diverse skills, abilities, and needs in a variety of locations
- Documenting all music therapy sessions within the required time period including logs, reports, assessment and treatment plans and client communications in format provided by RMTS in BestNotes CRM
- Assessing new clients and groups to develop treatment plan, within 3 sessions, using the assessment format provided by RMTS in BestNotes CRM
- Demonstrate a professional attitude to all clients, prospects, and other professionals at all times
- Maintain MT-BC Credential through CMTE’s and participation in professional conferences, including, but not limited to, music therapy conferences
- Staff at least (2) two community events and (2) tabling events in a calendar year
Complete Job Description provided upon request.
Why work with us?
- Be part of a dynamic team of skilled Music Therapists
- Participate in both individual and group supervision on a regular basis
- Be part of successful, well-established programs for all populations
- A diverse case load working with young children, children and adults with special needs and older adults
BA, BS, or MA in Music Therapy with completed 1040 hours of clinical training and Board Certification as a Music Therapist (MT-BC.) Demonstrate proficiency of clinical musicianship on piano, guitar and voice and rhythmic improvisation.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid license and proof of insurance.
- Must be willing to travel to various sites throughout Eastern Massachusetts.
- Must own or have access to a computer/laptop.
Hours, Pay Range and Benefits:
Part Time Fee for Service Employees will work an average of 1-19 hours a week depending on contract work available. Pay will vary based on education and experience.
Full Time Fee for Service Employees will work 20 or more hours a week depending on contract work available. Pay will vary based on education and experience. Full Time Fee for Service Employees are Benefits Eligible including Medical Benefits, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance.
On-site at Roman Music Therapy Services in Wakefield, MA and off site visits in the surrounding Greater Boston, Metro West , South Shore and North Shore areas through contracts with schools, community programs, agencies, and individual families.
Position Reports to:
Senior Clinical Supervisor, Roman Music Therapy Services
Posted: August 20, 2019