Developed by our Founder, Meredith Pizzi, The Music Therapy Pyramid Framework (Pizzi, 2016) serves as the basis for the music therapy services designed and executed by our team.
The Music Therapy Pyramid Framework validates music therapy services across the continuum of needs, acknowledging and recognizing the benefits of each level of intervention.
The music therapist provides a central and independent role in client treatment plans.
- Lead clinician on a music therapy team seeing most acute clients
- Psychoanalytic or guided imagery in music clinical work
The music therapist takes a supportive role in treating clients, collaborating within an interdisciplinary team to contribute to the client’s overall treatment plan.
- Medically necessary in medical setting
- Related service in education setting
- Hospice, palliative care, etc.
Group music therapy services that are designed to mitigate risk for potential secondary diagnosis and develop a protective layer in building resiliency and social capital.
- Programmatic supports for groups and individuals with disabilities or other assessed clinical need in educational, day, residential, or community programs
Intentional music making in a group setting that is designed to promote skills, enhance quality of life and/or support overall development.
- Sprouting Melodies® early childhood program
- Intergenerational community music therapy groups
- Performance ensembles for individuals with disabilities
Short-term services based on in-the-moment, intentional participation through active listening, singing or playing.
- Library programs
- Infrequent music experiences for older adults
- Large group music experiences
Setting the Course for Flexible Service Delivery Models
Roman Music Therapy Services continues to set the course in the new frontier of community music therapy by recognizing the potential for music therapy as more than a clinically necessary treatment option. Our innovative community programs over the years have supported and reinforced the need for this model of service delivery within our communities.
In our ongoing efforts to respond to the needs in the communities we serve, we embrace this philosophy to differentiate our services.
Learn more about
- About Roman Music Therapy Services
- Why Roman Music Therapy Services
- Our Approach
- Clinical Music Therapy Services
Or Contact Us to see how our team can support your goals.