By Putumayo Kids
African Dreamland continues the series that has brought peace and relaxation to music fans both young and old. The soothing sounds presented on this collection feature vocal and instrumental blends from Cameroon to Cape Verde. Bedtime only gets easier as Putumayo Kids creates a cultural lullaby experience no child will be able to resist.
Featuring new artists as well as longtime Putumayo favorites, African Dreamland is a great mix of talent for young ears. Well-known artists on this album include Ladysmith Black Mambazo, Toumani Diabaté and Samite. The sweet sound of newcomers Mapumba, from the Congo, and Chiwoniso, from Zimbabwe, are featured not only on African Dreamland but also on African Party, which celebrates Putumayo World Music’s 15th Anniversary.
With this release, Putumayo Kids now offers four gentle and enriching lullaby collections for families to experience together. The Dreamland series also includes Dreamland, Asian Dreamland and Celtic Dreamland.
- Ladysmith Black Mambazo – Nomathemba (South Africa)
- Mapumba – Mimi (Congo/South Africa)
- Kaissa – Lonon (Cameroon)
- Famoro Dioubate – Douyore (Guinea)
- Samite – Agalilala (Uganda)
- Chiwoniso – Usa Cheme (Zimbabwe)
- Sibeba – Ikope Ye Tollo (Equatorial Guinea)
- Habib Koite – Mali Sadio (Mali)
- Toumani Deabate with Bllake Sissoko – Salaman (Mali)
- Bernadette Aningi & anita Daulne – Kula Bebe (Cameroon/Belgium)
- Tete Alhinho – Sao Horas de Dormir (Cape Verde)
- National Parenting Publications Gold Award (NAPPA) – 2008