As our practice grows and we serve more and more clients, we are always seeking music therapists with diverse skills and experience. If you are interested in being considered for future opportunities please feel free to submit your cover letter and resume in a pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you as we continue to grow our team.
Come Join Our Team as a Music Therapist
- Are you passionate about music therapy and feel confident about your skills?
- Do you believe that you can work with many different types of clients if given the chance?
- Would you like to be part of a growing team of music therapists, providing services to a diverse group of clients?
- Planning, organizing and leading goal driven music therapy sessions for groups and individuals with diverse skills, abilities, and needs in a variety of locations
- Documenting all music therapy sessions, client communications, and required periodic reports in our HIPAA Compliant electronic documentation system
- Collaborate with other members of treatment teams, including family members and staff when applicable
- Communicate with Lead Music Therapists and Clinical Director of RMTS on a regular and on-going basis regarding client progress, issues, and questions
- Participate in scheduled individual and group supervision as scheduled
- Demonstrate a professional attitude to all clients, prospects, and other professionals at all times
- Maintain MT-BC Credential through CMTE’s and participation in professional conferences, including, but not limited to, music therapy conferences
Why work with us?
- Be part of a dynamic team of Music Therapists
- Participate in both individual and group supervision with other Music Therapists
- Benefit from the music therapy resources of Roman Music Therapy Services with books, journals, instruments and a community of experienced clinicians
- Be part of successful programs for all ages that are well established throughout Eastern Massachusetts
- Increase your advocacy skills as you educate the community about music therapy
- Benefits include paid training and supervision time and mileage reimbursment for sessions
- Ongoing Continuing Education, including earning CBMT Credits through Roman Music Therapy Services
- A diverse case load working with young children, children and adults with special needs and older adults
- BA, BS, or MA in Music Therapy with completed 1040 hours of clinical training
- Board Certification as a Music Therapist (MT-BC)
- Demonstrate proficiency of clinical musicianship on piano, guitar and voice and rhythmic improvisation
- Reliable transportation and current driver’s license required
- Excellent communication skills with our team and our clients
Hours and Pay Range:
- Part Time Fee For Service Employees will work an average of 1-22 hours a week depending on contract work available
- Pay will vary based on education and experience
- Hours could include daytime, evening, afterschool and weekend hours
- On-site at Roman Music Therapy Services in Wakefield, MA and off site visits in the surrounding Greater Boston, Metro West, South Shore and North Shore areas through contracts with schools, community programs, agencies, and individual families
- Position Reports to: Clinical Director, Roman Music Therapy Services
Roman Music Therapy Services strives to meet the diverse needs of the community within facilities, schools, nursing homes, senior centers, towns, and cities through music therapy experiences, education, and resources. Our team of music therapists uses the power of music to support personal and interpersonal growth and enhance the life of the community. Using musical tools new possibilities and opportunities are created for reaching our full potential.